Jennifer Wright Satagaj decided at an early age that she was destined to be an attorney. She pursued that calling throughout college and law school clerking for family law firms in Dallas. Mrs. Satagaj, who has over 14 years of family law focused experience representing clients in Dallas, Collin, Tarrant, and surrounding counties, became board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2013 and recertified in 2018. As a talented negotiator, Mrs. Satagaj has settled numerous cases achieving results that exceeded her client’s expectations through mediation, informal settlement conferences, and negotiation at the courthouse prior to a hearing or trial. She is also a seasoned litigator with extensive experience handling temporary orders, complex separate property tracing, high net worth asset division, and contested custody cases before various Associate Judges, Presiding Judges, and jury.
Mrs. Satagaj provides each client with a custom-tailored case action plan based on his or her individualized needs, goals, and desired outcome. She creates positive solutions to negative situations while navigating a client’s case through the legal system. Taking pride in her accountability and dedication, Mrs. Satagaj ensures her clients understand the process, their role, and expectations. Advocating and representing her clients’ objectives even at times when her client may not be emotionally ready to do so is her strength. Mrs. Satagaj’s strategy includes offering clients an objective perspective to their case including an overall picture of what their life looks like after the case is over whether it’s their divorce, custody order, modification, or other matter.
Mrs. Satagaj has been recognized in her field as a Rising Star in Texas Family Law by Texas SuperLawyers, an honor bestowed by peer-vote to only a very small percentage of Texas attorneys every year since 2014. She was also named one of the Best Lawyers in America in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for family law. Mrs. Satagaj is well respected by opposing counsel for her professionalism, ethics, legal expertise, and strong courtroom presence.
Mrs. Satagaj lives in Dallas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs.
- Board Certified in Family Law,
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization Family Law (TBLS) 2013, recertified 2018
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- United States Supreme Court, 2020
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2006
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Baylor University, Hankamer School of Business, 2003
- Child Support War Stories Webinar, presented by O’Neil Wysocki, P.C., September 18, 2019
- Agreements, presented by O’Neil Wysocki, P.C., May 28, 2021
- Rising Star in Texas Family Law, Texas SuperLawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Superb 10 rating, Avvo.com, 2017 to present
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, past member
- The Junior Group of The Marianne Scruggs Garden Club, 2016 to present
- Junior League of Dallas, Member, 2008 to present
- Promise House, past Board Member and volunteer