Having been a competitive swimmer, water polo player, and triathlete since the age of four, Ashley Cocklin knows how to win. After a shoulder injury in high school, Ashley was forced to find another way to satisfy her competitive side. Ashley graduated with her Associate of Arts degree before finishing high school, then Ashley received her Bachelor of Science in Political Science 2 years later. Ashley moved to Texas where she earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence in November of 2021.
Ashley decided to focus her career so she could help children and their families to attend Baylor University School of Law. Ashley was raised by a family full of elementary school teachers who showed her the impact one person can have on a child’s life. So, it was not until high school when Ashley realized her desire to advocate for children could be combined with her competitive side. Once she did, she knew she wanted to be a lawyer.
During law school, she combined this desire with her competitive nature and the natural decision was to become a lawyer. Ashley was awarded the “Top Speaker Award” and the “Professionalism Award”. Ashley was on the Dean’s List for her final two years of law school and represented the 3L class as their Student Bar Association Vice President.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Baylor University School of Law, 2021
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Arizona State University, 2018
- Associate of Arts in Social and Behavioral Science, Santa Barbra City College, 2016
- State Bar of Texas, April 2022- Present
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Section, April 2022-Present
- Family Law Section, July 2022- Present