Divorce Survival Guide
If you have been through a divorce, you know how stressful and difficult divorce can be on not only you, but your friends, family, and most importantly your children. I have watched divorcing couples spend their life savings needlessly fighting. I have seen children’s lives destroyed by parents who used them as weapons against one another.
My name is David W. Wynne. I have been an attorney practicing in Fort Worth, Texas, since 1996. I have to tell you, there are no winners in divorce courts. I learned from very early on that individuals going through divorce or child custody proceedings are usually at the worst point in their lives. The pain and uncertainty of divorce can be overwhelming, causing good people to behave poorly. Divorce leads to bad choices that can affect your life and your children’s lives forever.
If you are facing a divorce, I hope this book will change the way you proceed with your divorce, the way you treat your spouse, and most importantly, I hope this book helps you protect your children.
After decades of helping clients through divorce and child custody, I know for certain:
- No one wins in a divorce court;
- Divorce is expensive;
- Children will deal with the divorce and they will be ok if, and only if, the parents learn to effectively co-parent;
- The key to success in divorce court is finding a good, ethical attorney who will provide you with competent, sound legal advice;
- To be successful the client and attorney must work together; and
- If you can save your marriage and avoid divorce, you should do so.