Jaime Papa does not shy away from a battle when he believes in his mission. As a family law attorney, he understands the toll litigation can cause a person emotionally, spiritually, and physically and stands ready to carry the load for his client.
Jaime obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from Regis University in 2005 before he enrolled in law school. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2009. While in law school, Jaime received real world trial experience by interning with the Office of the Denver District Attorney, the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, and competing in various moot court competitions both national and international. His leadership skills shined through when he was elected President of the Jewish Law Students Association and Secretary of the Student Trial Lawyers Association. Recently, he has served as a bar exam tutor and grader.
After law school, Jaime felt called to military service for our country, so he commissioned as a field artillery officer in the United States Army. During his deployment to Afghanistan, he led his platoon on over 100 combat missions, bringing home safely all of the soldiers under his command. After five years in the Army, Jaime entered the business world where he worked for a manufacture in business to business sales, generating over $17 million in total sales over the course of five years.
Just as Jaime led his platoon through danger to safety, he will lead his clients through litigation to the other side. His business experience lends a breadth of understanding for the challenges encountered by business owners to protect their livelihood, provide for their family, and their employees.
- Sate Bar of Texas, 2020
- State Bar of Missouri, 2019
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor 2009
- Regis University, Bachelor of Science, Finance 2005
- Platoon Leader, Lieutenant, United States Army, 2010 - 2015
- Company Commander, Captain, United States Army Reserve, 2017 - Present
- Captain, United States Army Individual Ready Reserve, 2015 - 2017
- American Bar Association, Law Practice Division, 2020 - Present
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 2020 - Present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2020 - Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law, 2020 - Present
- International Trial Team Experience: Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Trial Team Member, 2009
- National Trial Team Experience:
- Daniel S. Hoffman Moot Court Competition, Trial Team Member, 2007 & 2008
- Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons Negotiations Competition, Team Member, 2007
- Hogan & Hartson Moot Court Competition, Trial Team Member, 2007
- President, Jewish Law Students Association, 2007
- Secretary, Student Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- BarMax Bar Exam Tutor and Essay Grader, 2019 - Present
- Synagogue: Chabad of Dallas, Member, 2019 - Present
- Texas Torah Institute, Fundraising Advisor, 2020 - Present
- Nusach Hari-Bnai Zion Congregation, Education Board Member, 2018 – 2019
- The Chill Foundation, Volunteer, 2008 - 2009
- Temple Mount Sinai, Hebrew Teacher, 2005 - 2006